I want to speak to someone about my mental health – who can I contact?

Mental health support at Queen Mary is largely split between two teams: the Advice and Counselling Service, and the Disability and Dyslexia Service.

If you are concerned about your mental health and would like to speak to someone urgently, please contact the Advice and Counselling Service with a view to making an appointment with one of our Mental Health Advisers. Mental Health Advisers will see students presenting with a mental health crisis in terms of their immediate safety; they can also offer interventions with students with poor mental health (e.g. sleep hygiene, anxiety management). 

The Advice and Counselling Service also has a long established counselling team. To contact Advice and Counselling please complete their webform.

If you have an existing mental health diagnosis you can also contact one of the Mental Health Advisers, but if you are interested in accessing support through the Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA) scheme, or accessing reasonable adjustments such as exam arrangements, you can contact the Disability Advisers (Mental Health) who are based in the Disability and Dyslexia Service. They can be reached by emailing [email protected].

If you are worried about your own safety or someone else's, please ring 999. For more information on support in a crisis please visit our webpage

Was this article helpful?

1 out of 1 liked this article