Who can support me / who can I contact if I need help?

There are a number of services at Queen Mary that are here to support you as a new student and throughout your studies including:

Advice and Counselling Service

  • Advice on Money (funding, budgeting, hardship funds, fee status)
  • Immigration (immigration permissions, traveling, working, lost documents)
  • Counselling (support, help in a crisis, self-help resources)
  • Mental health and emotional wellbeing

Disability and Dyslexia Services (DDS)

  • Offers support for all students with disabilities, specific learning differences and mental health issues at Queen Mary University of London

Your Student Support Officer

  • Every School and Institute has a dedicated student support contact who can offer advice on matters you feel may be impeding your ability to study.

The Student Enquiry Centre

The Student Enquiry Centre (SEC) is the front face of Academic Registry and supports (non-Medical and Dental) undergraduate and postgraduate taught students (e.g. BA, BSc, MSci, LLB, MA, MSc, LLM, PgCert/Dip).

  • Support with enrolment (via [email protected]); obtaining official documents; council tax exemption; discounted travel; Bursaries Grants and Scholarships; changing programme, interrupting or withdrawing from your studies; exams and more.

The Research Degrees Office

The Research Degrees Office (RDO) provides an administrative service to research degree students in the Doctoral College (e.g. PhD, Research Associates).

  • Support with enrolment (via [email protected]); obtaining official documents; studentships; changing programme, interrupting or withdrawing from your studies; thesis submissions and extensions, and more.

School of Medicine and Dentistry

If you are undertaking a programme within the School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD) (e.g. MBBS, BDS or a postgraduate taught medical/dental programme), please be advised that they are your main point of contact for support whilst you are a student at QMUL: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/contact/

IT Services

Please contact IT Services if you haven't received an email that provides you with your IT login details. Or, if you have received your credentials but are having trouble accessing your accounts or need assistance with resetting your passwords, IT Services will be able to support you. A 24/7 live chat facility is accessible via the orange button.

Undergraduate Admissions / Postgraduate Admissions

If you need to speak with an Admissions Officer (please be advised that they cannot support you with completing your enrolment), please use the contact details below. Please make it clear in the email subject line what you require assistance with so the team can support you:

There are also a number of Student Advice Guides available on the Advice and Counselling website, including an A-Z of Queen Mary Support Services.

Please remember to include your student ID number in all correspondence!

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 liked this article