Queen Mary has an extensive range of support services for students with disabilities. We support all students: full-time, part-time, undergraduate, postgraduate, UK and international at all campuses and all sites.
The highly experienced team of staff provide advice, guidance and support in the following areas:
- Finding out if you have a specific learning difficulty like dyslexia
- Applying for funding through the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)
- Arranging DSA assessments of need
- Special arrangements in examinations
- Accessing loaned equipment (e.g. digital recorders)
- Specialist one-to-one "study skills" tuition
- Providing educational support workers (e.g. note-takers, readers, library assistants)
- Mentoring support for students with mental health issues and conditions on the autistic spectrum.
You can find out more about the support available for our students via the Disability and Dyslexia Service webpage.