Deposits are usually non-refundable and non-transferable. Deposits may be refunded under the following exceptional circumstances:
- If a student has applied for immigration permission in order to study at Queen Mary but this is refused and the student is unable to travel to or remain in the UK in order to start their studies at Queen Mary. The immigration refusal notice must be provided by the student
- If a student is initially refused entry clearance (immigration permission) to travel to the UK and successfully appeals, but the appeal comes through too late to start their programme at Queen Mary on time. Documentary evidence must be provided by the student
- If Queen Mary does not provide the programme as advertised
- If a student was required to pay the deposit in order to accept a conditional offer and the place is not confirmed because the student fails to meet the conditions of the offer
- If a student is not able to apply for a visa because Queen Mary is unable to issue a CAS
Further details can be found in the Refund policy for deposit payments
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for a refund, you may submit a refund request via MySIS under the My Finances section.